Friday, August 6, 2010

Surrender

It's not who you are that holds you back, it's who you think you're not. ~Author Unknown 

FINALLY! I get it! One thing I know to be true . . I AM my own worse enemy! I sabotage EVERY good thing in my life b-cause of who I think I am NOT...I did not recognize this behavior in my self until this very moment! Now that I know this, I know where to go from here . . I need to learn to be my own best friend & recognize who I AM & stop focusing on who im not!

 This is what I finally understood . . .watch this . . .my thought process : "I am NOT good enough" ( I did not get the job promotion) " I am NOT loved" (b-cause of an action I did or how I reacted to a situation that caused a person to remove themselves from my life)__ ok, now take the NOT out of that thought and look how different that becomes WOW! 

Life Lesson learned - - change your focus

Doug Gann

Romans 8 tells us: 'there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ' and, 'If God is for us, who can be against us?', 'It is God who justifies. Who is he that condemns? Christ Jesus... is at the right hand of God and is also interceding for us.', ' neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers... neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus.'
Psalms 139 says: 'I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well.'
These have helped me with this issue, which with I have struggled too. Good reminders that if we live by grace through faith in Him, these truths stand strong. God bless and have a great day!
 Denise A Roberts
Thanks Doug!These are my scriptures as well as Romans 12 - - is my scripture for my recovery (transformed) Romans 8 - - is my scripture for re-building my relationship with God and Romans 13:10 (LOVE does no harm) is my scripture for re-bui...lding my relationship with others . . . I have been in recovery for three years - - these are my stepping stones! The past two weeks have been so hard! My mom passed away . . . .all the 'issues' at work . . . .my ministry in Celebrate Recovery has been challenged . . . and personal relationships are being "tested" . . . .I'm DONE! I am all prayed out, I am all faithed out, I am all walked out . . . .finally I "saw" it - - a friend told me I am stronger that I know - - and I certainly wasn't believing that statement - - I was so proud of myself because I wasn't falling into old behaviors - - drinking / drugs / etc etc (yes I say I go drinking with friends - - in truth I do go but I only drink water all night, seriously) - - what I was shown is "surrender" when I'm DONE - - am I surrendering all to GOD and Trust Him alone or am I surrendering to my way (selfish) 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment